"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all"
~ Emily Dickinson

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Busy Few Days!

Since last I posted Mom and I have been busy around the homestead. Mom's getting things in order to get her flowers and plants started as soon as the weather warms up. We've continued to clean out the office with the help of Mom's best friend Mona coming down on Friday. Five hours and three people we really put a dent into it. It's amazing to go through all the stuff my dad kept over the years. It's certainly emotional to go through all the stuff but therapeutic at the same time. He kept just about every single birthday and Father's day card my sisters and I gave him, as well as all the cards m mom gave him. It's crazy to look back at what I wrote him when I was a little girl and realize how much it means now.

Mom's looking at the room in a different way and really excited about it being a functional space for her to do paperwork and enjoy the beautiful view of the barn. While I didn't get an accurate before and after pic of the clean out here is a picture with the desk cleared off and another with the desk out of the room. I think within another week we'll have the whole thing pretty cleared out! A paint job and new carpet and the room will be completely new and go along with the rest of the house. Can't wait for mom to be able to really use it and get her dinning room table back!

After clean out - before desk is gone


Desk gone!


We also sold 18 bales of hay today and made another massive trip to the dump. About 6 trash bags of stuff this time. We are looking into renting a dumpster for the next few months to make things easier as the clean out continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment